If you’re looking for walks and treks on the Coromandel Peninsula then you won’t be disappointed with what’s on offer. In this brief we offer some tips on where to go.
For beach walks travellers can try:
1. The Cooks Lookout to Ferry Landing walk which is very relaxed and easy.
2. The Waimama Coastal Walk which is more difficult but worth the effort.
3. The Lynch Stream to Sailor’s Grave walk, another moderately difficult walk.
For forest and hilly walks travellers can try:
1. The Fletchers Bay to Sandy Bay trek. This is a moderately difficult walk but recommended unless you are very unfit.
2. The Collins Drive Loop Walk in Puketui Valley. Another moderately difficult walk.
3. The Waikino to Karangahake walk which is very easy, suitable for most people.
This article was compiled with information copiled by Peter Lewison, on behalf of Pedaltours. You can find out more about Pedaltours at: www.pedaltours.co.nz